Bank securely with MYCU
Protect your card
To protect your card as much as possible, it is important that you follow these instructions:
- Sign your new card immediately
- Cut up your old card immediately
- Never carry your card and PIN together
- Never store your PIN on your mobile phone or computer
- For extra security use the ‘Credit’ button or payWave wherever possible
- Insist on handling the card yourself
- Never let the card out of your sight
- Always check the amount being charged
- Always cover the key pad when entering your PIN
When using an ATM you should never use one that you believe has been tampered with. Be very conscious of anyone who is loitering suspiciously near the ATM and always cover the key pad as you enter your PIN, even if you can’t see anyone around!
Don’t leave the ATM until your transaction is completed.
Protecting yourself online
Maintain up to date anti-virus protection on your computer and ensure that you have the latest version internet browser available.
Only provide your card details to secure websites with a locked padlock in the browser.
Use strong passwords with at least 8 characters using a combination of letters, numbers and symbols.
Never ever give your PIN or Internet Banking password to anyone – not even family!
There are many different types of scams that make the rounds including, but not limited to, the following:
- Unexpected money/winnings
- Fake charities
- Dating & romance
- Buying or selling
- Job & investments
- Threats & extortions
To avoid these scammers getting at your money, do not:
- Tell anyone your PINs or passwords – this includes your passwords for your computer. Talented hackers can get into your bank accounts once they have access to your computer
- Never share your Visa or rediCARD details, especially over email!
- If possible, get a locked mail-box to protect your private information being stolen
Unfortunately, scams and fraud are always going to be around and it is important to be constantly vigilant with your personal and access information.
An excellent website about current scams that are making the rounds is scamwatch.gov.au – there you can see the latest scams in real time and what to do.
Think you’ve been scammed?
It is so important that you let us know if you think you have been scammed or if you think someone has stolen your details. We can stop your card, change your Internet Banking access and keep an eye out for any attempts on your account.
Call us immediately on 1300 655 116
Outside of business hours you can report your card as lost or stolen by calling 1300 655 116 and selecting Option 3.
Rates & Fees
Thank you for your excellent service. We truly appreciate it. We are highly pleased with the professional manner in which our personal loan and home loan was finaread more
One big thank you for your prompt service with our loan. We love dealing with My Credit Union. Over the many years we have used your services we have been so haread more
I wanted to say a special thanks to the team at My Credit Union. I've had a long association with MYCU. Congratulations on such a great work ethic and perfect cusread more